Planning your child's birthday party doesn't have to be an ordeal. Read on for suggestions based on Cotton's experience.
A birthday party is a BIG event in a child's life, and excitement can be expected to run high. You can successfully provide a party that is fun for all participants while avoiding overwhelming your child by limiting the number of guests, activities and pre-party enthusiasm. When you enjoy the party, so will the birthday child and guests!
1. Two hours is a good time span for a younger child's party. Since guests do not arrive at the same time, It is good to schedule your entertainment to officially begin fifteen to thirty minutes after the time you have invited everyone to arrive.
2. Guests should be gathered together in one area for the performance. Everyone
has the most fun at parties where parents are invited to engage with
their child in the activities.
3. Wanderers can present a distraction, diminishing overall benefit of the performance. Explain to your more curious guests that you will invite them back to visit another time to explore the rest of your home.
4. Prior to your party, remove all special toys or breakable items from the party area.
5. Plan for a Rain Location.
6. Keep food simple: Pizza (cut into half slices), hot dogs (possible choking hazard for younger guests), or finger sandwiches with pbj or cheese are fine. If you provide the sandwiches, make them in advance and cut them with fun cookie cutter shapes.
cooler of small water bottles is perfect, and
thirsty guests can easily serve themselves without beckoning their host,
especially for outdoor summer parties.
A Sharpie Marker used to mark each guest's name on their cup or water
bottle will limit germ-sharing and/or waste.
9. In choosing party beverages, remember: they may be transported them all over your house.
10. For Larger parties, enlist preteens as helpers!
11. If gift-opening will be part of your party, consider whether or not you want to preserve them for your child to fully open after the party.
12. If you plan on writing thank you notes, film each gift being opened, stating the giver's name. Watch later, at note-writing time. (Encouraging children to write thank-you notes is a good way to instill gratefulness.
13. Ask your other children to help with decorating and hosting the party, so that they will feel important.
Thank you for this invitation
share in a very special time for your family and friends. I will do
everything I can to bring entertainment to all present.
Information to know prior
to your party:
1. In beginning my performance, I use the number of children at the party to determine how much time to devote to each segment of your party entertainment. When guests arrive during the last half of the party or later, I do my best to include them, time-permitting.
2. Adult guests who make impromptu requests for balloons or face painting can diminish time needed to entertain the children. Unless the party is small, I must sadly decline, especially when doing so will put me off-schedule for my next booking. If adult guests desire
inclusion, notify me when I
arrive so I can include them in time calculations.
3. Children love balloons, which can pose risks to life when in or about mouths and eyes. Advise adults to monitor their children with balloons. Inflated balloons carry
the greatest threat.
4. Wrapping up on a positive note: Please have your method of
payment on hand when I arrive. The last part of my visit should be face painting, not
waiting around to collect payment.
5. FORMS OF PAYMENT: Cash and Checks. Make checks payable to "Cotton Dean." A $40.00 NSF/Returned fee is applied to all returned checks.
4. CLOWN-anxiety?:please assure your guests that Cotton's costume does not include
white-faced clown makeup (unless by special request), and within a few minutes of beginning ( usually music) even
the most timid guests forget their apprehension. Please
assure any worried p that arents that I do not present a boisterous presence. I aim to bring happiness and comfort at
5. Please make sure you've provided me with a legitimate contact
phone number for you at the event! I may need to communicate with you while I'm on the way to your party.
6. To minimize errors and disappointment, please submit your information all together on the booking form as
soon as you can provide it.
Cotton poses with the "Kinko's-Guy" Cardboard cutout person...